Tuesday 25 April 2017

FINISHED BOOK ARRIVED!



I ordered 13 books from 'Blurb' and two from LULU, to see the different quality of print. I've got the 13 from Blurb today, however the other two have yet to get here. I will wait and see what they look like when the arrive. I was also right about the quality of the front cover - it is like a sturdy magazine, and not quite softback, but it looks so lovely I don't think that even matters!












I Love it! I feel it would look better with a matt cover, (not a shiny one) the front cover design could have been better quality (it needs to have more solid lines around the characters, and Ben's face is a little dark) But Otherwise it's lovely! Its thinner - which is good because it will be less daunting for kids than having a huge bible slammed down in front of them.

It is bound well, the writing isn't cut off, the colours aren't too dark ( I feel like I could have given a slightly more variation in colour in bipolar's cave though) The spine feels nice, there is even the name on the spine! Its flexible, sits well in your hands and looks impressive. I'm so impressed that I've achieved this. I would redraw it all much better if I had to do a final copy: as I've said countless times before. The aim of this project was the create a finished dummy book with consistent characters and consistent story-line, and I feel I've really achieved that. I look forward to showing the tutors this next week in my proposal. It also has an official ISB that Blurb put on.


THE LULU BOOKS ARRIVE AND I HATE THEM!!!Never ordering from them again - the colours are too dark, and I had to wait about a month for them to arrive. really not happy. The front cover (right) Is far darker than the ones from blurb (left)  and, even though the cover feels slightly thicker - the spine is black which stands out too much - and the font cover has been double printed - its inside the book on the first page, as well as on the outside.




Also, while filling out my details - I had a bit of trouble because my computer kept deleting them. So I button mashed any old letters - NOT KNOWING THEY WOULD PRINT IT ON MY BOOK.



On the more positive side, however, £50 more has been donated to my gofundme page, so I corrected all the spelling mistakes I found ( which I should have really done before sending off for 15 of them) and sent off for two more from Blurb - the final copy for me to exhibit at the degree show, and another for the tutors to remember me by haha. So it will arrive on the 10th May. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment